YAZD Persian Rugs Properties:
Visibility: YAZD rugs and carpets usually have a single medallion in the center. Very rarely, one can find a YAZD carpet with small medallions scattered all over the carpet.
Quality: YAZD rugs and carpets are of very good quality and are quite durable, so they are an excellent choice for a high traffic area.
Size & Shapes: YAZD rugs and carpets come in different sizes, but the majority of them are mid-size (4 x 6 to 8 x 10 feet). It is very hard to find good, large size YAZD carpets (10 x 18 feet) except for some antique ones.
Color: Strong red in the background and a brownish border are the main indicators of a YAZD rug or carpet. Pink is the color of choice to create an abstract background in many rugs from YAZD. Other colors such as soft green and khaki appear in newer ones. Blue is a rare color in YAZD rugs and carpets.
Texture: YAZD rugs and carpets usually have thick pile..
Foundation: Warp is mostly cotton; weft is either cotton or wool.
Knots: Warps is mostly cotton; wefts is usually cotton.
Price: YAZD rugs and carpets are fine and beautiful. Expect to pay $3-$12 Per Square Foot (PSF) for a very prized and beautiful carpet from YAZD. Keep in mind that, as a rule, the higher the KPSI, the greater is the price.
More info on YAZD rugs at Jozan.com.
More info on YAZD rugs at JBOC's Notes.
Buy Quality Persian YAZD Rugs?
|6 Item(s)||Show per page|
10' 3" x 13' 3"
Regular Price: $3,280.00
Special Price: $2,788.00
9' 8" x 13' 11"
Regular Price: $3,550.00
Special Price: $3,017.50
10' 0" x 14' 0"
Regular Price: $3,780.00
Special Price: $3,213.00
9' 10" x 13' 1"
Regular Price: $2,690.00
Special Price: $2,286.50
8' 2" x 11' 6"
Regular Price: $2,180.00
Special Price: $1,853.00
6' 5" x 9' 6"
Regular Price: $2,080.00
Special Price: $1,768.00
|6 Item(s)||Show per page|
Where is YAZD ?
View Larger Map
Southern IRAN - YAZD
It is the provincial capital and is the largest and most inhabited town in the province. It is located in an extensive valley facing the central desert of IRAN.
Its weather, consequently, is hot and arid in summer and cold in winter. YAZD is divided into 7 districts, each including at least one town and a number of villages. These districts are:
The population of the province of YAZD in 1996 was 750,769, of which 75.15% were urban dwellers and the remaining 24.85% were villagers.
The city of YAZD is the administrative center (provincial capital), the largest town in the area and the most inhabited town in the province.
YAZD is the center of Zoroastrian IRAN. Zoroastrianism was the official religion of IRAN before Islam.
Always known for the quality of its silk and carpets, Yazd today is one of Iran's industrial centers for textiles.
There is also a considerable ceramics and construction materials industry and unique confectionery and jewelry industries.